New low price
The DS-5000 is an advanced professional digital recorder stacked with premium features and enhanced DSS Player Pro Dictation software for outstanding performance. It's designed inside and out to provide you with all the conveniences you need for easy, flexible and productive dictation.
The DS-5000 was developed with feedback from professional users to improve their workflow,” said Andrew Flagg, director of sales and marketing, Olympus Imaging America Inc. “Simple, reliable, flexible and secure are the four hallmarks of these devices. Additionally, those whose work involves confidential and sensitive information will appreciate the DS-5000’s file encryption and password protection. For even more security, the new DS-5000iD features a biometric fingerprint sensor."
The DS-5000 incorporates many unique and innovative features, including:
- Improved ease of use with a single, durable slide switch control and centralized navigation buttons;
- More flexibility with support for dual memory cards, SD/SDHC and microSD;
- Enhanced sound fidelity with DSS Pro’s Quality Play (QP) mode; and
- Improved security with file encryption and device password protection.
Voice Productivity Starts Here
The DS-5000’s intuitive controls and single slide switch simplify operation. The device has a large, backlit, easy-to-read LCD screen that reveals file information, recording time and events on the front of the recorder. Centralized navigation buttons enable easy data input and changes of settings. Users new to digital dictation as well as those on the leading edge will appreciate the DS-5000’s sophisticated feature set that can be customized to provide a seamless dictation solution suitable to their work environment. It is built to meet the needs of an active professional with an extremely durable slide switch mechanism and robust buttons, USB connector and battery door. Power conservation is also central to the DS-5000’s intelligent design, and it can record for up to 28 hours from its rechargeable battery.
The DS-5000 accepts SD/SDHC and microSD memory cards, providing users with media versatility. Three programmable buttons speedup reaction time. With no extraneous buttons, the DS-5000 allows users to program the functions they use the most onto three buttons for quick and effortless use.
The included user-friendly DSS Player Pro Release 5 software facilitates the archiving, editing and further processing of recordings. USB 2.0 High-Speed delivers fast downloads and uploads of files to and from the DS-5000. The verbal comment function allows users to record comments in dictation so a transcriptionist can better translate the authors’ directives or thoughts into their workflow.
The DS-5000 features the DSS-Pro Digital Speech Standard with a new QP mode for improved sound quality. This mode records at a sampling rate of 16kHz with a compression rate of 28.0kbps and up to 32 index marks per file. In playback, the Smooth Cue/Review function makes it easier to hear words.
Protecting the confidentiality and security of recordings is essential in the workplace. For this reason, the DS-5000 offers file encryption and device password protection. In addition to these features, the DS-5000iD model also features a biometric fingerprint reader to secure the device from unauthorized access, thereby protecting confidential recordings.
Barcode Scanner for Enhanced Workflow
The optional SC1 Barcode Scanner Module for the DS-5000, which plugs into the audio device’s SD card slot, further enhances workflow for users who require a barcode scanner. The SC1 Barcode Scanner Module will be available this summer.
LCD with Multiple Language Support
The user can customize the language displayed on the LCD (English, French or Spanish).
A new USB cradle enables users to easily dock and undock the device with one hand. While docked, the device is able to download and upload files and charge the included Ni-MH rechargeable battery pack. Hands-free recordings can be conveniently created when using an optional RS-27 foot switch in combination with the cradle.
- Quiet and easy to use slide switch results in high performance, comfort, and increased productivity.
- DSS Player Pro software provides direct recording to your PC, automatic retrieval of typed documents, automatic distribution of recordings via email, and much more.
- Provides customized functions to suit your dictation needs. The recorder firmware can also be programmed for additional functionality and flexibility.
- Supports SD and Micro SD, dual Memory Cards.
- Lock or password protect your files to keep them safe and secure.
- Recharges the Ni-MH battery pack, allows hands-free recording, and provides for fast and easy uploading/downloading of data to your PC.
- Up to 32 index marks per file.
- Optional barcode scanner.
- Durable USB connector and battery door.
- Verbal comment function. Instantly search and play back verbal comments using DSS Player software.
- LCD supports and displays multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.
- Centralized firmware update.
- Low power consumption allows for long recording times.
- Centralized navigation buttons for easy data input and settings.
- Manager tool for easy setup and customization.
- DS-5000 Digital Voice Recorder
- 512MB microSD card
- DSS Player Pro DM
- USB cradle
- Rechargeable battery pack
- Instruction Manual and Quick Reference Guide
- AC adaptor
- USB cable
||SD/SDHC, microSD Card: 512MB – 8GB
||With included 512MB microSD card: QP mode: 38 hours, 45 minutes SP mode: 79 hours, 30 minutes
||QP mode: 16 kHz SP mode: 12 kHz
|Overall Frequency Response
||QP mode: 200 to 7,000 Hz SP mode: 200 to 5,000 Hz
||Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery Pack (BR403) or two (2) AAA batteries or two (2) Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (BR401)
|External power supply
||A-513 AC Adapter
||Alkaline: Recording (approx. 32 hours); Playback (approx. 13 hours) Ni-MH Rechargeable: Recording (approx. 28 hours); Playback (approx. 10 hours)
|| Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack4;
Windows XP Professional/XP Home edition Service Pack2;
Windows XP 64-bit;
Windows Vista Ultimate/Enterprise/Business/Home Premium/Home Basic;
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition/Enterprise 64-bit edition/Business 64-bit edition/Home Premium 64-bit edition/Home Basic 64-bit edition;
Windows Server 2003;
Windows Server 2003 x64 edition
Mac OS 10.3.9 - 10.5